Monday, December 15, 2008

'Tis The Season To Decorate A 9 Ft. Christmas Tree!!

So....this is how I spent my afternoon.....decorating a "Festival of the Trees" tree for my Mom. This is her MOST favorite thing I do for her during the Christmas season. She absolutely loves it and I.....well? How do I put it delicately? HATE IT! Have you ever tried to decorate a 9ft. tree when you are 5'4" tall and scared, no petrified of heights? I sweat a little all year when I think of it! Truthfully, I though worrying about a live tree drying up an starting the house on fire was bad, because she wanted to sleep by it and have the Christmas lights on ALL NIGHT! But, my Lord, this huge monster wasn't even on my radar when I jumped for joy at the idea of a pre-lit Christmas tree!! So, off she went 4 years ago and brought home "Big Bertha" as I lovingly refer to her and I have been living the dream ever since. I didn't tell her today was the day and when she got home today.....WHOA MAMA!! Was she ever excited!! It is worth it for her face to light up, but I'll tell ya, not the easiest task for a girl that likes to keep her feet firmly on the ground. Anyhoo, now she can have a very Merry Christmas and come mid March when she is ready to FINALLY take it down, the sisters can deal with it!! My job is done. It is pretty cute though....I'm just sayin.......I tread on.

1 comment:

Misty said...

K, I'm 5'10" and we only have a 7' tree. My odds are slightly better than yours. You did a beautiful job, by the way....