Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ever Felt Like A Drug Addict @ A Rave??

So....it's the holiday season.....you know tis the season.....blah blah blah! I get invited to a cookie swap. Sounds good, right? Lots of cute ladies getting together for the holiday season and sharing their baking talents and lots and lots of......COOKIES! Oh my Lord!! What was I thinking?? The panic set in at about 10:30 am when I started making my 3 dozen cookies. They looked delicious and suddenly I started licking my fingers. OOPS. Then they started smelling delicious.....OOPS. Then, I had tried a new recipe and had to try one to make sure they were ok.....OOPS. Can you see where I'm going with this?? Not a good place for a cookie crack whore to go. Really. My good pal Diana is such a marvelous hostess and her friends were soo sweet and her house was so darling and her kids were adorable as ever.....but I was truly focused on the cookies! I am so glad no one could read my mind, because I would have truly been embarrassed!! It was pathetic really. All this time I thought, OK I've overcome this feeling of true love with food. I'm good now. Cured, really. HA I say!! It took one cookie outing and I feel like I need to go to LE CIRQUE Lodge with Lindsay Lohan to rehab!! Do they have cookie rehab?? I guess if Isaiah Washington can go for his feelings on Gay people, surely there is a Mrs. Field's Lodge for me right?? Seriously, people.....I was freaking out!! I just wasn't prepared for it and I was scared. But, I survived by the skin of my teeth and only ate one cookie. WHEW!! It was a close call because I was surrounded by delicious cookies and it wasn't looking good for me. It was a nice party though and next year when I go, I am gonna be at my goal weight and then look out cookie monster.....there's a new girl in town!! I tread on.....

1 comment:

Misty said...

If I ever drank alcohol, I would definitely become an alcoholic. I can't just have one cookie (candy, potato chip, french fry ... fill in the blank) .... I have about 10. Therein lies my problem. I have the same problem with reading good books, too .... my whole house goes to pot and my kids run around completely unsupervised while I finish "just one more page." I'm an addict on so many levels.