Thursday, December 25, 2008

Look What I Got From Santa....Whoot Woo!!



So, I was opening my Christmas presents this year and I hadn't really asked for anything, because I really didn't need much. When you are a single gal with no kids....well let's just say if this Chica wants something....I go and buy it. I know it is a little selfish, but WHATEVER!! :) Anyhoo, we were all gathered to open presents and I opened this!! What the?? Now, I have wanted a Wii forever, because I am a total electronic nut, but I really couldn't justify it in my head, because I am a single gal and would I play the Wii to make it worth it?? Also, it seems to be the "Tickle Me Elmo" gift of the new millennium and I didn't want to exert the energy needed to get one. So, I was SHOCKED no STUNNED when Santa brought me one!! So fun!! AND, my electronic guru brother in law was here at the time so he set it right up for me. THEN....I opened my other big box and I found this!! WHAT?? I totally wanted the Wii Fit because I could actually use it to work out and the fit games would be fun and I would be able to burn calories!! WHOOT WOO!! I couldn't believe it!! First of all...who am I?? Secondly...Why am I excited about a fitness game? Sometimes I don't even recognize myself. But, here's the magical part of my story. This was the real "PINCH ME" moment of the night. I have always been the girl that has to look immediately at the weight limit of any activity or piece of furniture or ride....etc. to make sure I will be able to do it and most of the time....I can't. There is a weight limit on the Wii Fit and for a split second my heart dropped as it does when I read these words. But, when the sadness fog cleared, I actually read the weight limit and....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!! I am 118 lbs.LIGHTER than the limit!! I literally burst into tears. I am officially free of the weight limit demons and I can do almost ANYTHING this girl wants to do. It is truly a CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!! I am so happy and feel so blessed for that moment, I will treasure this Christmas for as long as I live. I feel a little like Dr. King. I was screaming in my head...."Thank God Almighty I'm Free At Last!!" This year has been a roller coaster ride of emotions, and this last week alone has been a real kick in the...you know, but for all the bad, there has been an overload of good and I am left with this huge sense of gratitude for all the lessons I've learned and all the blessings I've received. So, as I wish everyone a Merry Christmas, I hope my dear sweet friends know (new, old past and re found) how blessed I am to have you in my life. How I cherish the time we get t spend together. That I love and adore all of you so much. And, how I look forward to spending time with you in 2009. Thank you doesn't seem adequate to express what my friends bring to my life. You help me focus, gain perspective, fill voids that would otherwise crush my spirit, make me laugh until I pee a little and touch my heart until tears flow freely. My life would be an empty shell without my friends and I love you. Merry Christmas everyone. May 2009 bring love, peace, happiness, health and prosperity to you and your families and may we be able to spend more time together in the new year. God bless us, everyone. I tread on....



1 comment:

Misty said...

I'm so jealous! (in a good way, of course...) We currently have a broken Wii that needs repair but I was dying to get Wii Fit. You'll have to let me know if you like it... How could you not, right? Congrats. :)