Monday, January 7, 2008

Some Days You Just Gotta....SMILE.

What a day yesterday. It was a roller coaster of.....I don't know exactly what to call it. I started my day cleaning out my "cupboard of crap". Everyone has one. It is the "catch-all" cupboard that you place all the items you don't know where else to put them and then shove the door closed, so they don't fall out. I try to clean it out during the month of January, so I don't end up on one of those shows like "Clean House", where you have to pole vault into your living room, because you can no linger see your carpet and Niecy Nash is holding up one of your beloved chatchkies and wants you to sell it at the yard sale, and rolling her eyes. But I digress. So, I was cleaning out my "c-o-c" lets call it, and my baby sister shows up to help my Mom clean out her "b-o-c" otherwise known as her "basement of crap". (Apparently when you age, a cupboard just doesn't suffice.)
She comes down the stairs and tells me she has had an epiphany and has figured out she has 3 sisters who love her and she would like to spend more time with the people who love her and have a better quality of life. It was really sweet and we had a moment. Then, off she goes to the "b-o-c". I kept cleaning my "c-o-c" when I suddenly realized I was going to be late for the gym. UGH~ when does that become fun? I changed my clothes and ran out of the door into the Arctic tundra. It was a freaken' WHITE OUT! (Not kidding) But, I am a woman on a mission, so I tread on. I get to the gym and low and behold, it is a surprise weigh in day. YEAH!! I hate weigh in days. I am never prepared. But, I lost 6 lbs. WHEW HEW!! Never saw that coming. To celebrate this momentous occasion, I get to go on a lovely machine straight out of the dark ages, called a "Hack Squat" machine. She tells me to hop on it and asks me if I remember how to use it. Now, I know I have a short term memory problem, but I am pretty sure I've never used this machine before in my life. So, I tell her I don't remember, because I don't want to look like a moron, and she gives me a little "refresher". I get in it and she releases the pins, and I start sinking to the ground. I just started laughing so hard, because I was getting a visual of myself and she had to rescue me. But, we figured out the problem and I finally did it correctly. After my torture session, I mean workout, she put me on the floor to stretch me out. Oh my holy crap! I asked her as she was doing things to my legs I'm quite sure weren't natural if she was doing this in case I ever joined the circus. She laughed and announced my hip flexor was really tight and I said it was probably was tight because I was never supposed to be able to kiss my knee while on my back! Anyhoo, it was a very interesting day. I can't wait until I can feel my legs again. I tread on.

3 comments:

youreprettytoo said...

Alright missy! You are big TROUBLE! 1) You have a secret blog! I can't believe you didn't tell me! But you are a natural at it. 2) You've lost 56 lbs and 20lbs over Christmas! When I asked you, You're all- "Oh I didn't gain any weight over christmas" or "Oh I;ve lost like 4 lbs." Quit selling yourself short. That is freakin' awesome and if I wasn't trying to work on my swearing problem I would use a congratulatory explitive right now! and 3) What cruise in October? Either I am an awful friend who doesn't listen or ask the right questions or you are keeping secrets! :) Well I look forward to many more "just sayin'" from you. You really are funny and I'm so proud of you for everything you are doing. It takes a lot of courage to change, but you are doing it so well. love you!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

WHAT THE??? 56 POUNDS!!! CRIS that is AMAZING!!! Remember you took my before pictures, and then I got pregnant that evening (smile).... I can't believe that.. I am so proud of you... when I give birth (hopefully exactly on june 1st) I will join you in the exhasperating chore we call "losing weight",... Are you at curves?? What are you doing???

Cruise to where? what islands? with whom???? What time in October?? Wow, that sounds amazingly fun!!

Mike is forever whining about his hair and how no one can cut his hair but you (he knows the number) and you are the last person who put color on my head, so, you can imagine how pretty it looks three years later!!! Yes, it is dark from the roots to my ear lobes, then the color you gave me begins and goes to the ends... I'm total trailer trash, but, se le vie!! (spelling??)

When I deliver this LAST child (tieing tubes during delivery!!) I will make an appointment to get the works done.... MAJOR weave.. I am missing being blonde!! and could you please do something with the unibrow I continue to "shave" monthly (don't be afraid).

I miss you... I know it is 100% my fault that we don't see each other, but, know that I love you and miss you daily!!!
xoxo jules

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

OH MY I didn't know you could scroll down and read more on your front page!! I was just online. Was going to show Mike your blog when all of a sudden I noticed I could scroll down and there was our picture!!! I LOVE US!!!!