Sunday, January 20, 2008

A New Conspiracy Theory!

So, I was innocently watching the Food Network Friday and pretty much drooling over the various goodies being created, when suddenly I realized they were all calling their dishes "Comfort Foods"! So...what is so comforting about food? Ok, so there is the edible deliciousness, granted. But, why is there such an attachment to this "comfort" angle? Then, BING! Light bulb!! This is why America has become the fattest nation on the planet! We all need COMFORT and the Food Network says it is in meatloaf, cakes, cookies, pies, and mashed potatoes. What the? So, here's what I'm thinking...everyone needs to be more aware of their friends, family members and neighbors. When you see someone who has a stressed out look on their face and they are making a b-line for McDonald's or Marie Calendars or another restaurant--give them a huge hug and say, "It's OK Buddy, everything will look brighter tomorrow!" Or hand them an apple and say, "Where did it say a cheeseburger a day keeps the doctor away?" and SMILE a great big smile!! We can do this people, we can cure obesity in America, one banana cream pie at a time! Now, I know you are thinking I have truly lost it, but give this theory a chance. You never know who you could save a trip to the gym with a little love and understanding. I wish I had figured this out about 40 orders of cheese fries ago. I am going to have to move permanently into the gym to work all of them off! So, I say to all of you, if you see me out and about and I look like I am searching for any form of comfort in a paper wrapper--hug away! You will be doing a great service to your fellow man (wo-man).

No comments: