Friday, January 11, 2008

Elephants


I have a nephew who is just about the funniest little guy on the planet! I call him Bubba. He is one of those kids that can knock you on your butt with a comment. He has absolutely no filter what so ever! Like for instance, we were at my Dad's funeral and the graveside service had just ended and he waltzes over to the casket and is so adorable and says, "Goodbye Grandpa...we're gonna miss you." So cute right? Then, he looks around at all of us and exclaims, "So we gonna bury it or what?" See what I mean? Total tension breaker! So, yesterday he gets into my sister's van and as he's buckling up, says, "Mom, do we still have elephants at the zoo?" She answers, "Yes we do, but they are put away for the winter. Why?" Bubba: "Well, I wanted to go see them because I gotta do a repowt on mammoths." (he has the most adorable little lisp) Mom: You could look them up in a book or on-line to do your report, at home." Bubba: "Uh, Mom....DUH! Elephants are Woolly Mammoths evoved!" Well, there you have it. Out of the mouths of babes! Remember when we thought we knew everything?? You gotta love em'.

No comments: