Thursday, November 6, 2008

An Unexpected Surprise!

So, my pal Stacy started using Facebook and emailed me about looking at her Facebook page. Seemed easy enough, so I agreed. But, in order to look at her profile, I had to join Facebook. UGH. I have so may things I have to constantly keep up on, I just didn't have any interest in "joining" another way to connect, because it wasn't relevant in my life. But, I had told her I would look, so I did it. What the?? Then, my dear long lost friend Kari passed away, and I was left with this tug at my heart about all these friends I had lost track of soo many years ago. It is interesting how Heavenly Father works through others to help you find what is missing. I have had the most wonderful thing happen. I have reconnected with soo many lost friends on Facebook! It is fantastic and even though we have aged.....my memories are as vivid as if they were yesterday and all these people who meant so much to me long ago, are BACK! Yeah!! I have had a ball starting to catch up and see where lives have taken them and I have to say...they all look great!! It may be the happiness of these reunions that is clouding my judgment, but they do and I am thrilled to know what has happened and for once, I am actually looking forward to my 20th reunion that is approaching faster than I care to admit. This year has been such a roller coaster ride. It is hard to believe it is almost over. I am left with hard lessons learned, regret, overwhelming joy and happy times I didn't think were possible. 2008 has been a definite year to remember. I am so grateful for so many things, but one thing is for sure. There is always room for more friends in my life and heart. Thanks Stacy! I tread on.....

1 comment:

Misty said...

Cute Crissy! How fun to see you on Facebook, too. Between my blog and Facebook, I spend too much time online but I agree ... it's a fun way to reconnect with friends. :)