Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday....ignored.


Well, for the first time I didn't participate in Black Friday. I know to all of you that know me, this is a sad thing. I really enjoy it, actually. The chase for the bargain.....the thrill of getting some "must have" item at a ridiculous price....waiting in line with all the unwashed masses....meeting up with friends and family and using your cell phone as a walkie talkie to let them know you found a certain item you are sure they want. I know it is sick a little, but dammit I enjoy it!! So, this year, because my focus is on other things, I forgot. I made other plans and didn't even put 2 and 2 together until....it was too late. So, I had to cancel with family and friends and deal with the knot in my stomach that was aching for....shopping.

But, you know what?? I lived through it. Oddly enough, I survived. I accomplished everything I needed to and even had a little time left over after I worked, and I DIDN'T go shopping. I was a little concerned at my lack luster enthusiasm over the whole thing, but then I realized, PERHAPS I am evolving (a smidgen) and I didn't need the hunt to be complete. WHAT!! Who is this girl?? I am perplexed by this development. I don't quite understand it, but the way the year has rolled out for me, I can't say I am stunned. Anyhoo, I had a nice day, in spite of the small knot that lingers still. I hope everyone that did participate in Black Friday got all the bargains they were on the hunt for. I hope you were smacked with old lady's carts and items were snatched out right out of your hands!! And, I hope you headed out with victorious grins on your faces and had a DELICIOUSLY FATTENING breakfast afterward to celebrate another successful beginning to your holiday season!! (MAN!! That sounds awesome!! :) I tread on...

No comments: