Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Toys-R-Us.....Not!

For the last 2 days, I have been taking my two cutest nephews Christmas shopping. OK...sounds fun right? These two could not be more different and I had to totally control my OCD from kicking in, because they are both what I would term....browsers! I am exhausted!! Brady didn't quite know what he wanted for his family and after making about 1000 suggestions, to possibly hurry it a smidge along, I decided to just let him do his thing and he had a ball! The gifts are hilarious and I can't wait to see everyone's faces when they open them on Christmas morning. Brett, on the other hand, knew EXACTLY what he wanted to get everyone, and spent 1 hour and 37 minutes, picking out his gift to himself, and 4 minutes on everyone else. Toys-R-Us should have a warning sign on the front for parents.....This store may actually make you want to end your life, before your child can be dragged out! OH MY LORD! It is like a crack den for kids. Things are blinking and bopping up and down and there are a million things to try out. Kill me now was the only phrase that kept popping in my head. No one took me up on it. Anyhoo, we got there shopping done and now the Christmas Elf (Me) gets to wrap the treasures and hide them so no one peeks! I am the best Aunt ever, if I do say so myself. We had a minor non-politically correct moment at McDonald's after, however. We were eating and Brett gives me his confused look he usually gives when he is about to say something I will regret, and says "Kiki, there are a lot of people here speaking a different language!" (Really loudly.) And I immediately say, "Yes there is. They are speaking Spanish." (Hoping he will drop it down a notch.) To which he says, (again really loud) "Oh, they must be from CHINA!" Very fun moment for me to explain the difference between languages to a 7 year old. But, we decided to make Christmas shopping an annual tradition and I am very glad I get to share these 2 little turkeys! They are such fun!

No comments: