Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year...New Me?


Well, Christmas has come and gone with a blink of an eye and I am always amazed at how much work and effort goes into one day! I love giving presents! I always have and sometimes I don't even care about what I get, I am so excited to see every one's reaction to theirs. But, with the new year fast approaching on my heals, I felt it was important to document my 2008 resolutions, so they don't go ignored just in my head and maybe next year I can reflect on how I did to accomplish them.
So here goes.....


1. Continue to lose weight. I cannot believe I made it through the holidays and lost
20 lbs~It has been hell, I won't lie. I want to lose 100 lbs. in 2008! Stay tuned!


2. Be more organized. Simplify my life and remove unnecessary distractions.
(DE CLUTTER!)


3. Be more punctual. I have the best intentions and really poor follow through!


4. Not work my life away! I want to spend more time focusing on what brings me
joy.....family,FRIENDS, hobbies and interests. I am taking Thursdays off. We'll
see how long my resolve holds. I want to take at least one class every semester
on something I find interesting.


5. Build more lasting memories with my nephews. I want them to remember me for
being a fun aunt, not just someone who bought them things. I'm hoping the weight
loss will really help me
with this.


6. Stop procrastinating! Live life today, don't just wait for tomorrow to be better.


7. Put ME as a priority. Stop disrespecting myself. Honor my spirit! Love myself.


8. Quit being afraid. Remember this is the only life I'm going to get and LIVE!


9. Have more patience.


10. Be grateful. I have such gratitude for everything I have and everything I am
and I need to stop focusing on how hard I feel my life is and re shift my focus to
how truly blessed I am and how much love surrounds me everyday.



MAN! I sound like a total cheeseball and these are tall orders, but if I can improve just
a little bit in these areas, imagine what I could do and how I would feel! Holy Crap!
I hope I can. 35 years is long enough to be afraid to try. Keep your fingers crossed.
Happy new year everyone!!

No comments: