Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Follow The Yellow Brick Road...



Well...if life wasn't crazy enough...we moved to KANSAS!! Yes it's true. We are here in the Wheat State (I think) in Augusta Kansas. The move here was hell, I won't lie. And since we've arrived...not my favorite. But, the last two weeks have been so much better. I finally got my license transfer started, the house unpacked and Brad & I are finally both working. We are empty nesters...and I thought I would like it. It has it's good and definitely bad. I miss our daughter. SO MUCH! I just didn't realize how close we had become and what good friends we are until she was suddenly 14 hours away. And I am feeling so far away from her and Garrett. We've already missed a birthday and another one to come and Tanielle got her license and I heard about it by text. Soooo much I took for granted living near by. I can't stand it. Brad hates it too. Mr. "I can't wait to be just us" is now...I miss our kids...sad face inserted here. It's weird. I was only a mom for 2 years and yet I physically miss them. I hope it will get easier...I think my Mom is enjoying us all out of her hair...lol. But, life goes on and I am SLOWLY starting to make friends and nest. I tread on....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry Chrissy. I hope it gets easier.