Thursday, August 25, 2011

My Heart is Connecting To Kansas...I Have Made Some Friends :)

One of my essentials to living anywhere is friends. My hubby can see friends and be happy he did, but is OK without. I however....cannot. The ONLY thing that got me through the Vernal (Hell) years was my friends. I had wonderful friends that weren't easy to come by. Vernal is like it's own planet. Unless you are from there and aren't 3rd or 4th generation Vernal or Uintah Basin...forget it. You will never quite belong. You will be alright like no one will try to have you killed or anything, but you will ALWAYS be an outsider...Always. You are forever known as a "transplant" and once you are labeled that, its over. So, after almost 2 years of feeling like I had a scarlet V on my chest...we left. Thank You God!! But when I moved to Kansas I knew even less than I did in Vernal and it felt like I had been sent to solitary confinement. But, slowly I am meeting people in the most interesting places...and I am making friends. I now have 5 friends at my Mother-in-Law's nursing home, I have totally bonded with Brad's stepsister I didn't know about, and Brad has reconnected with some old friends in Larned and I have completely adopted them as my own. They are awesome!! AND...to top it off, our new landlord and his wife are amazing and we have started to go to their church which I think we are going to love! My heart is nesting in Kansas...It feels so much better...I tread on :)

**Note Product placement...he thinks he will get some free stuff...lol**

No comments: