Thursday, June 19, 2008

Some Friends are for a Reason...Season....or 2 Months and Then.....What The??


Ever had a "friend" just dump you? It doesn't happen to me very often, but I've had 2 in the last year do it and I am perplexed. Am I going soft? Is my good friend radar on the fritz? Am I just not the judge of character I once was? I truly don't know. The sad thing is, the "deal breakers" were the dumbest things. The first was the price of a cruise and the second.....are you ready? The GYM! What? Who in my world breaks up with me because of the gym? Really? And, the conversation I had to endure to end it.....it was like we were dating or something! She must have told me 4 or 5 times.....I just need to take a step back. Where was she going? Off the treadmill into the abyss? She said it wasn't me it was her. Well, O.K. but I never saw this coming. Really. Such drama for such a silly reason. I felt like I was back in Junior High again. I felt really bad for her because at her age she should maybe pick the high road and be honest. I also felt bad for me because I believed she was my friend and I was mistaken.

I am not sharing this for pity, or to make anyone feel bad. I am trying to figure out what lesson I need to learn in all this. I believe it is so I will refocus in on who exactly I want to surround myself with in this life that will bring joy into my life. Who will support me and love me unconditionally and when times get hard, I can lean on them for strength. More importantly, I want to be the friend people find joy in being around, that can find comfort and strength in when they need it and if I can help--they know I am a phone call away. I haven't really been that person for awhile. 3 months to be exact. I have been wallowing in the "unfair" of my job situation and it has been about me.

I am so sorry to all the people in my life I haven't been paying very good attention to this last little while. I have been attending a private pity party and I should have been looking outward instead of in. Thank you to all of my "inner circle" who have put up with me this last bit of whatever it was. I finally feel myself coming back into the land of the participating and I am grateful to all of you that stuck around in the meantime. I love my friends and family and I truly don't know what I would do without you. Thank you for showing me who you are and what I need to "kick it up a notch" in this life. Especially in a world full of imposter's that are lurking in plain sight every day. I am taking a step forward. So, hang on, it is gonna be a fun ride! Patty and Mom--you were right (damn it) "it all worked out." I tread on.....


PS. I am definitely back on the wagon! 93 lbs. and counting!

1 comment:

Andy said...

For the record... Nobody could ask for a better friend than you! LOVE YOU!