Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's Official......I Am Employed Again!!


Wow. What a year it has been. Every year I think, next year has got to be better than last year. And for the last 6 years.....I've been mistaken. Now, this isn't a pity party, by any means. However, I have felt as though a giant mirror has been slammed over my head at times and life has kicked me in the slats on several occasions. But, this year--come on! I have had some of my worst moments and some of my best (UN-MEDICATED) I might add. But, I think I may be going in a new direction. After a lot of blood, sweat and tears, Hairapy by Crissy Olpin is now a reality and will be open for business June 23rd. Hale-frickin-lueigh! I am so ready to get my life back on track and be me again! I miss doing something creative every day and I miss my clients! I miss the salon environment and gossip-God forgive me-I love dishing with my pals! Ever since I saw the movie Steel Magnolias, I wanted to be Truvy! I wanted to have that "Coming Home" feeling job where you could make people beautiful and when they left they knew you genuinely cared about them. So, Elite Nail Studio........I hope you are ready for a loud, loving, full-figured hair stylist to come and be part of your world, because I am on my way!


I think my trainer is the happiest of all that I am going to a job I love, because I don't think she could bear me losing and gaining the same 8 lbs. again! I am finally just losing again. YEAH!


I also did another 5K last Saturday. I shaved 5 & 1/2 minutes off my time and got 2 blisters to prove it! I looked at them as badges of honor! Who knew this girl could get injured from exercise? Who is this person?? I don't even recognize her!! 78 lbs. and counting......I tread on.

No comments: