Saturday, May 31, 2008

Has Anyone Ever Died From The Downward Dog Position??


So......I tried Yoga today. I have to say....ummmm.......very interesting. I loved parts of it. I am all about the whole mind body spirit connection. I love relaxation by paying attention to your breathing and giving yourself permission to love yourself enough to let yourself go. LOVE IT! And, if anyone is wanting to start taking Yoga, go downtown to the Centered City Yoga Studio.

John, who did our class today, absolutely fabulous AND their intro to Yoga Class......FREE! Yes, I said FREE! Very cool. Now, that being said, I am not a fan of the Downward dog position, which apparently is a BASIC move and is used alot in Yoga. FYI: it is a move where you are an inverted V shape on your mat and almost all the pressure is on your wrists. (Did I mention I did hair for 17 years with my hands?) Ever heard of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?? Not so much fun for me in my current weight class. But, I did get to spend most of my day with my 2 pals Kate and Elle and we had a very fun day being silly together.

Also, said good bye to Rasmussen Landscapes on Friday. I am taking a short breather to get my new salon ready and I am excited to be back with all my clients who I have missed terribly!! I am ready for my life to be back to my normal chaos pre-February, before my life was turned upside down, because of health insurance. OY VEH! I tread on people. Here I go.

No comments: