Friday, February 1, 2008

President Hinckley....Remembered

My religious commitments haven't been consistent, to say the least. So, I am never one to pass judgments on others. But being a Mormon, you would have to be deaf, dumb and blind and left in a cardboard box, to not have seen the spirit of our prophet. Gordon B. Hinckley was truly a spiritual giant. It didn't matter if you were LDS, Jewish, Muslum, Catholic...etc. He loved you and respected you, and yet his belief and testimony never waivered. He was not a "giant" man in stature, but you were definitely awed by his words. I would be remiss if I didn't share my deep love for this man and a appreciation of the sacrifices he consistently made over the years to give us a noble face on a very misunderstood religion. We are not freaks. We are a people who in a world filled with different faiths, have chosen one that fits us best, to honor our God. I will miss President Hinckley, just as I miss my own grandfather, and I never even had the privilege of meeting him. To me, he was a source of strength and peace. His humor was refreshing in such a serious forum and it made his spiritual guidance more human and relatable. I hope Marjorie was there to meet him when he passed. So, this is a thank you from a girl who doesn't always know where she will go or what she will do from day to day. Thank you President Hinckley for showing all of us what it is like to be a true witness of glory. Thank you for being an honorable and loving prophet and a light in a world filled with darkness. You will be missed. God bless your way.

1 comment:

youreprettytoo said...

Beautiful thoughts! love them. I still really do want to do lunch- does this upcoming Thursday work for you- the 7th? Wasn't it Thursdays you have off? Let me know.