Thursday, February 14, 2008

Just When You Think Life...



What a week! I have been busier than a one-armed paper hanger! (That is one of my Mom's favorite sayings) She also likes "You're about as handy as a pocket in an undershirt!" or "You're as slow as molasses in January! or my favorite "You're as useless as boobs on a boar!" (She says it a little more crass, but I will edit for comment sake!) But, I digress. Anyhoo, as I said, what a week! Ups and downs! You name it, I felt it. But, I had to share the power of positive thinking and prayer story, because it helped me remember that I am never alone in my struggles. I just get busy feeling sorry for myself and forget. I had a major blow occur this week. I won't share the details, nothing irreversible, but it threw me, nonetheless. Let's just say, I was half way to McDonald's to fill my pain with a cheeseburger, when I stopped myself. (Yes I felt THAT bad.) Anyway, after a good long cry, I did what I should have done in the first place. I prayed. Now, I know this sounds cheesy coming from little old jaded me, but I have a firm belief when it comes to prayer, because I have seen what Heavenly Father can do, so bear with me here. The difference is, I truly opened my heart to him and asked him to help me know what to do and I asked him to help me stay strong in the process, so I didn't sabbotage myself. So, I went to bed and slept like a baby. Very strange for me because I tend to stew when troubled. I woke up the next day and went to work and there on my station was a piece of paper with a possible fix to my dilemma. Unsolicited. Coincidence? I don't know if that will totally fix it, but I feel so grateful that I chose to believe He listened to me and helped me. So, I prayed.....again. I said thank you. Now, the moral of this story that is probably too personal, but I don't care because I wanted to share my gratitude with the world. We are not alone in this life. I believe it and I am grateful. I hope all the people in my life that I love and care about know I am here to help also. Anytime. I just needed to share.

1 comment:

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

Cris... I just read your blog honey, and I'm dying to know what happened to make you so sad the other day... Please email or call me let me know the details of your life....

I loved your dedication to me (smile).. You know i love you..
How much weight have you lost now??
Have a blast in Florida AND
Call me when you get home.. I need a crissy day....
Where was that "beautiful day" picture from??
love ya, jules