Friday, February 20, 2009

I Want To Be 212 Degrees All The Time!!

So, I've been in a funk for a couple of weeks. No surprise there for anyone that has the pleasure of being around me....ugh. I've been trying to find the lesson that I am supposed to learn in this latest life altering experience I've been through......Haven't been able to.......until Wednesday. I was complaining, AGAIN, to my poor trainer Todd (Sorry Todd) and he said something that really clicked in for me. (Really....everyone should have a Todd) Anyway, he said that he thought the lesson I needed to learn was, that I needed to find happiness completely in me. Stop looking for it in others and when life throws you a curve ball, as it seems to do for me lately on a regular basis, to appreciate the feelings, but be content in just being me. LIGHT BULB!! OK. I get it. Whew. Then my pal Jeff, who manages my 24hr. Fitness gym, gave me a book to read that same day. It is called 212 Degrees. It is a small book about 70 pages and it is an inspirational book about kicking up your life just 1 degree and the HUGE impact it can make on your life and those who share your life. The basic principle is, 211 degrees, water is hot....212 degrees water boils, which causes steam, which can run a locomotive engine. In short....this book rocked my world!! The theory is soo simple and yet, so profound. I want to live a 212 degree life!! I am seeing results from this way of living already and it is Friday morning. Todd asked me yesterday, why I was glowing. I laughed a little and told him it was because I was sweating, but he said I just looked different and sounded different. I thought about it and then I remembered I had said to myself that morning, you are going to be happy today and make a difference. I guess I did feel different. I have just tried to be more aware of my behavior and my actions and have tried a little harder, or worked a little longer and I am already feeling my life take on a whole different path. I am so excited to see what happens next!! So, I want everyone to read this book. You can get in online and there is also a movie you can watch that gives you a little in site into what it is all about. I am hopefully going to be able to post the YouTube link so you can watch it, but I am still learning how to do that, so I hope it works. See for yourself what I mean. I tread on.....a little better.....

2 comments:

Misty said...

I love that! The difference that 1 degree can make. Very cool.

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

I LOVE LOVE the 211-212 degree thing... I must go buy this book (i mean, I must purchase it online at audile.com and listen to it...I really wish I liked to read)...

How are you doing?