Thursday, April 17, 2008

Gay Irish Dwarfs?

Really? I was just logging in to share and a title of a blog popped up entitled "Gay Irish Dwarfs". Now really, I consider myself a pretty open person (perhaps a bit naive, but open to most things) and I try extremely hard not to be judgemental.....really? The visual alone is worth a chuckle, and I would most heartedly if I hadn't just gotten home from the gym and had a session with my personal trainer. So, chuckling would require a bit more use of my abs than I have left. But, let's go back to the dwarfs for a second. Seriously?? Anyhoo, to each little homosexual their own. (I guess) So, I am on a quest, as you know.
Well, maybe no one knows. I don't have a real reader base, but it makes me feel like I have an outlet, so whatever, I say. But regardless, my quest continues. I am refocused. I am. Please believe me. It's true. I am eating better, I am working out and hating....I mean LOVING every minute of it and I am starting to feel like I have a routine again. WHEW!! I mean really, this life wouldn't be any stranger if I was watching it on VH1 after Rock of Love 2 or Flavor of Love 3. Yes, sad as it is to admit it, I watch all of those ridiculous shows. Frankly, it makes me feel like I am living a regular life compared to these people and I find that comforting. There I said it, now I can move on.
So, as I said, I am feeling a bit more "normal" these days. Slowly, ever slowly learning the ins and outs of the landscaping business. Who knew there were so many layers underneath the "surface" of the landscaping world? (Get It?) I didn't. I am constantly surprised how seriously people take their lawn care and maintenance. To me, the out of doors is simply the area between the air conditioned car and the air conditioned building. Nothing more. Just as pretty from a photo as in person. (People who are in my inner sanctum know this is really my philosophy) My one exception to this rule is the ocean. I can attest to many a sunburn from just needing 5 more minutes to stare at it's majesty. I am complete somehow when I can smell it and be near it. Now, I didn't say I wanted to be in it, however. I have little or no desire to actually be in the ocean. That is some thing's home and they want to touch, bite, sting, or be near me there and I want no part of that. WHATSOEVER!!
But, I digress. I just needed to share that I was feeling as though my panic attacks were waning and I was pleased. However, the full-time thing. YUCK! I am truly learning what quality time is. And there isn't much left of it. I am trying to adapt. I wish I were BORG. (a little star trek reference for those of you who actually have a life and don't watch much TV). I am getting old. I only have 6 more days of 35. UGH. I am not ready for dentures and depends. I tread on.

No comments: