Friday, September 18, 2009

What I've Learned...

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted to my blog. My life has definitely taken a few turns, to say the least and I've definitely learned a lot this year and many of those lessons I've learned the hard way. No big surprise there. But, as I recover from the latest in a series of surgeries to fix a lifetime of eating mistakes, I have recently been reminded that this life is short and if you feel you have something to share, do it today, because you never know what tomorrow will bring or even if you will have a tomorrow in which to learn from it. My neighbor Shari, who I've literally know my entire life which is one of those people Heavenly Father blessed with a sweet spirit, a kind disposition, wonderful mothering and wife skills and just an all around good person, passed away from a melanoma yesterday, 4 months after going to the doctor for a routine physical exam. Most of the time I hear when someone like this dies is why does God take the good ones so young? or it isn't fair, or why her?? I tend to take from this kind of lesson, is life isn't infinite and we should act today on things we've been putting on the back burner, because it could happen to any one of us at anytime.
So, here is my "acting upon" for the day. I used to be a regular blogger and I loved my blog. I loved sharing my experiences about weight loss dating, family fun or drama. I loved it. I loved being part of a community that allowed me to rant or share without judgment and it was a wonderful outlet to show my progress on this crazy journey I was traveling on. I don't honestly know what made me stop except other outlets were opened up to me and this simply became just another "thing I had to do". That I didn't do... But, every once in awhile I would think, I should blog about this, it is a big deal. And then I wouldn't do it for on reason or another. So, here I am today. 180 lbs lighter, I have found love in my life, 2 major surgeries completed of the 3 I need to say goodbye to the old me (LITERALLY), I've moved out of my Mom's house and twice since then to find my "nest" and I haven't shared any of it, because I was too busy or just didn't feel like it. But, instead of feeling bad about it, i have decided to use this as a scrapbook, of sorts and spend the next 3 weeks catching up, so if I ever have happen to me what happened to my dear friend and neighbor Shari, I will be able to leave a small chronicle of Crissy behind to show that I loved what has become of my life and maybe someday if I have kids, they will look at this a remember their Mom was a little adventurous, not the the worry wart that they remember I was once a single...overweight...insecure...lady that finally pulled her head out and started to live....stay tuned....

2 comments:

youreprettytoo said...

I was so excited to see your name at the top of my blogroll list. and i'm even more excited to hear all about your new adventures. I get little updates from eric but he doesn't give juicy details. And i'm still up for going out to lunch.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your transformation! I know you will look HOT because you always have been such a cutie! I am so happy that you have found love. If your interested in my blog let me know your email. misses_w@hotmail.com
Wendy (walton) willes